Sometimes you want to swap and/or add an additional document to an existing invoice after an invoice has already been posted to Twinfield. Each document has a unique "document link". This URL link can be created in the archive of Basecone. With the new link, you can replace it with the current link in the transaction Twinfield. A link can only be created if the documents are in the following formats .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .tif, .tiff
📌 This is only possible if the transaction is still on provisional. If the transaction is finalised, it will not be possible to replace the link anymore.
Below is a step-by-step plan on how you can best do this. If you do not need upload and/ or merge any documents – skip directly to step 5.
Steps to replace documents in Twinfield or create a new ID link:
- Download the invoice from the archive (the one that you previously booked)
- Upload the document back to Basecone
- Upload the 2nd page and/or attachments to Basecone
- Merge the files together to form 1 document
- Select the document and press [CUST] tag and press ok (leaving the field empty)
- Go to the archive and select the document that has the tab CUST
- Click on [Document link] and then click on [Generate link] and press ok
- Click on [Copy ID] (the link will be copied and not copy link)
- Go to Twinfield and open the transaction
- Delete the current link (it is the box underneath the supplier/customer name)
- Paste the new link that was copied in step 8
- Click on provisional to save the new link
Please double check if the link is saved, you can click on the icon to review the document.
* If the link is not copied at step 8, you can manually copy the information from the field and then paste this in Twinfield.