Each user who has the role of Accountant or SME accountant must be linked to the accounting system. This user can do this in Basecone when you go to Settings - User - Action (edit) and to the tab 'Accounting system user'. Here you can link your Basecone user to the accounting system. Without this link or connection, the user is not able to book any documents to the accounting system.
We advice that each user is linked to their own user in the accounting system. If you have changed your password in the accounting system, this must also be changed in Basecone. This prevents your user in Basecone to connect to the old password and prevent your user in the accounting system to get blocked.
Keep in mind the following points:
- Basecone automatically retrieves the available users in your accounting system. Users should have sufficient rights in the accounting system to be able to book and mutate files. Basecone only retrieves users with equal or lesser roles than the user that you have chose as the synchronisation user.
- Only a user who has the role Accountant or SME accountant will need to have their user linked to a user in the accounting system. This will allow the user to book documents in Basecone and send the invoice to the accounting system.
- A user who only submits documents, manage Basecone or is an authoriser, do not need to have their user linked to the accounting system. This is not needed.
- Enter your login credentials of the accounting system when you click on Change credentials. Without this link, the user will get a warning message in the booking screen.
- Check that the username and password are correct in the accounting system.
📌 Employees of Basecone do not have access to the user's and also not able to see any passwords!